Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Cooking when the SHTF

Ok. Lights are out and it is TEOTWAWKI and it is time to cook.

Where I live everything is electric. How long will I last outside cooking up a bunch of food in my backyard where everyone can smell it? Probably not long.

I had the great idea of cooking inside my fireplace, but while talking to an expert he told me that would increase the chances of a chimney fire. All the grease gets all up in the chimney and sooner or later you have a fire all the way up your chimney. Not what you need when the fire department may not be working.

You may be able to use a dutch oven in the fireplace, but any frying, or grilling should be counted out.

Back to the bug out of the city idea.

The Bugout Guy